THE MIRACLES OF JESUS LESSON 3
May 20, 2020
THE MIRACLES OF JESUS SERIES
Led by Pastor Shane
“Wilt Thou Be Made Whole?”
Introduction: As we study this miracle of our Lord, we see more than a physical event; we see a picture of every man’s spiritual condition without Christ. We are all helplessly sin sick, lost in our sin, and we need the Lord Jesus to make us whole. Christ seeks us out in our helpless condition, and He tenderly asks, “Wilt thou be made whole?”
Bible Background Reading:
Joh 5:1-24; Nehemiah 3:1,32; Deuteronomy 2:14; Romans 5:6; Ephesians 2:8-10; Revelation 22:17; Colossians 2:6
Day 1: Read John 5:1-4 and briefly describe the setting of this miracle.
Day 2: Compare John 5:5 and Deuteronomy 2:14. This man with an infirmity gives us a picture of whom?
Day 3: John 5:6-7 tells us of a sick man’s physical condition. How does Romans 5:6 describe man’s spiritual condition?
Day 4: In John 5:6, why did Christ say, “Wilt thou be made whole?” (See also Revelation 22:17.)
Day 5: According to John 5:8-9, what evidence was seen in this man’s life that indicated he had been made whole?
Day 6: Colossians 2:6 tells us that everyone who has received Jesus Christ should do what?
- To understand that all people without Christ are lost in sin and unable to help themselves.
- TO see that Christ is interested in more than meeting physical needs-He is interested in the salvation of souls.
- To learn that Christ speaks to us individually and we must exercise our will to trust Him.
- To show that we are made whole, not by our works, but by God’s mercy and grace.
- To be a testimony to others by walking in obedience to our Savior who has made us whole.
I. HIS WEAKNESS!
–We can be made whole by the precious blood of Jesus Christ.
–We have no power within ourselves to be made whole.
II. HIS WILL!
–Our Christ is a gentleman. He knocks on the door, but you must answer it.
III. HIS WALK!
John 5:7-9; Colossians 2:6; John 5:14
–If you are walking as you should be walking, you are giving evidence that God has made you whole.