THE MIRACLES OF JESUS LESSON 2
May 13, 2020
THE MIRACLES OF JESUS SERIES
Led by Pastor Shane
“The Man Believed The World That Jesus Had Spoken!”
Introduction: God allows afflictions in our lives, and those afflictions become messengers to bring us to the Lord Jesus. In John chapter four, we read about a well-to-do man who found himself in a desperate situation. His son was sick and dying. He traveled to speak to Christ and ask Him to heal his son. The Lord Jesus performed a mighty miracle not only in the healing of his son, but also in the salvation of his whole house.
Bible Background Reading:
John 4:46-54; Psalm 107:20; John 6:63, 16:7
Day 1: According to John 4:46-47, why did the nobleman come to the Lord Jesus?
Day 2: Notice what Christ said in John 4:48. In what way was this reproof intended to help the nobleman?
Day 3: Read John 4:49-50. What did the nobleman ask Christ to do? What was Christ’s response?
Day 4: In John 4:51-53, this man’s servants first said the fever left his son at what time? What is the significance of this time?
Day 5: How are the words of Christ described in John 6:63?
Day 6: In John 4:50, what did the nobleman believe in? How does this demonstrate the faith life?
- To realize that God uses sorrow to bring us to Himself and to cause us to recognize our need of Him.
- To understand that our faith must not rest in what God will do, but in God Himself.
- To see that God always wants more for us than we want for ourselves and that He always has a greater plan and purpose.
- To learn that God is concerned not only with the meeting of physical needs but more importantly with the salvation of souls.
- To take God at His Word and believe Him to do what is best in our lives.
I. THE SORROW OF THE NOBLEMAN’S LIFE!
–God allows afflictions to come in our lives, and those afflictions become messengers to bring us to the Lord Jesus.
–As the burdens grow greater; we recognize our need of the Lord.
II. THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD!
–Our confidence should not be in what God can do; it should be in God.
–God has designed the Christian life to be lived by faith, not by sight.
III. THE SALVATION OF THE WHOLE HOUSE!
–God wants more for you than you want for yourself.