THE MIRACLES OF JESUS LESSON 1
May 6, 2020
THE MIRACLES OF JESUS SERIES
Led by Pastor Shane
“The Miracle at The Marriage!”
Introduction: The first miracle performed in Christ’s earthly ministry serves as an introduction to all His miracles. In this miracle, people caught a glimpse of His glory. The servants who obeyed the Lord knew of His power first-hand. The disciples who were with Him had their faith increased as they saw His mighty hand at work.
Bible Background Reading:
John 2:1-11; Acts 2:22-23; John 19:26, 7:30, 8:20, 12:23, 27, 16:32, 17:1; Galatians 6:14
Day 1: According to Peter’s message in Acts 2:22-23, how did Christ demonstrate He was “approved of God?”
Day 2: In John 2:1-2 we see that Jesus Christ performed this miracle while attending what occasion? What is significant about this?
Day 3: Compare John 2:4 and John 17:1. What is this “hour” that Christ is speaking of?
Day 4: Read John 2:5-9, Who had first-hand knowledge of the miracle that Christ had performed?
Day 5: According to John 2:9-10, what was different about the wine that was brought forth?
Day 6: Read John 2:11. How did this miracle affect the disciples of the Lord Jesus?
- To see that Christ places His approval upon the divine institution of marriage.
- To understand that Jesus Christ did not come merely to perform miracles, but to go to Calvary to pay our sin debt on the cross.
- To see that those who obey the Lord know things that others do not know because they have seen His mighty power at work from first-hand experience.
- To realize that the world’s way grow progressively worse, but following Christ is sweeter every day because God saves the best until last.
- To learn that, as believers, our faith is increased as we fellowship with Christ and see His mighty hand working in our lives.
- To catch a glimpse of who Jesus Christ truly is and to be zealous to tell others of His power to save.
I. THE MASTER!
–God is real; but He will never be real in our lives until we put our faith in Him.
— When we think of our Christ, we think of Calvary.
II. THE MIRACLE!
–The servants knew what others did not know.
— God always saves the best for last.
III. THE MANIFESTATION OF HIS GLORY!
–Our faith can be increased as we fellowship with Christ and see His mighty hand at work in our lives.