THE MIRACLES OF JESUS!
August 20, 2020 / Luke 8:40-48
THE MIRACLES OF JESUS SERIES
Led by Pastor Shane
“Who Touched Me?”
Introduction: Often we find ourselves in desperate situations. In Luke chapter eight, Christ makes whole a woman who found herself in desperation. God uses desperation to cause us to seek Him. When we seek Him in faith, He will meet our need.
Bible Background Reading:
Luke 8:40-48; Hebrews 11:6; Isaiah 1:3-6; 2 Kings 7:3
Day 1: In Luke 8:45, what question does Christ ask in the midst of the multitude?
Day 2: What is Peter’s response to Christ’s question in Luke 8:45?
Day 3: From Luke 8:43, how long had this woman been suffering?
Day 4: What picture is painted of the sinfulness of man in Isaiah 1:3-6?
Day 5: According to II Kings 7:3, in what situation did these men find themselves?
Day 6: In Luke 8:48, what made this woman whole?
- To show that Christ sees the situation of one individual in the midst of the multitude.
- To understand that all men are sin-sick and in need of the Savior.
- To realize that God uses different circumstances of life to get us to seek Him.
- To see that Christ is able to deliver us from our sin and also from our hopelessness and despair.
- to emphasize that God desires for us to seek Him in faith.
–We must seek God to do what only God can do.
I. THE WOMAN WAS DISEASED!
–We must realize that Christ is our only hope.
II. THE WOMAN WAS DESPERATE!
2 Kings 7:3
–The realization of her condition was what God used to bring her to Himself.
— The situation we find ourselves in is desperate, but often we are not desperate.
III. THE WOMAN WAS DELIVERED!
–Christ is able to deliver you. Are you desperate?