THE FAITH OF RAHAB!March 18, 2021 / Hebrews 11:31:
HEROES OF FAITH!
Bible Study Series
Thursday, March 18, 2021
Led by Pastor Shane
“The Faith Rahab!”
Lesson 11 of 13
Introduction: Rahab was saved, brought to God, and spared. The way of salvation was found by her to be the same way that we find it – by trusting only in the blood of Christ and what He did to redeem our souls. She looked to Calvary. She looked to the promise of God. God gives us this beautiful type of scarlet thread, picturing for us the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Her deeds demonstrated her faith in the true and living God.
Bible Background Reading:
Hebrews 11:31; Exodus 15:14-16; Joshua 2:1-21; Joshua 6:22-25; I John 1:7; Ephesians 2:8-9; James 2:21-26
Day 1: According to Hebrews 11:31, what is the reason that Rahab escaped the judgment that fell upon the city of Jericho.
Day 2: Read Exodus 15:14-16. Why did the Canaanites have a fear of the children of Israel.
Day 3: From Joshua 2:1-11, what did Rahab think about the God of the Israelites? How did she come to believe this?
Day 4: In Joshua 2:12-21, what was the agreement made between the spies and Rahab?
Day 5: How does the truth given in 1 John 1:7 apply to the “harlot” Rahab?
Day 6: Read James 2:25-26. What did Rahab do which demonstrated that she had true faith in God?
- To be reminded that there is no case too hard for the Lord.
- To realize that not all people have had the same amount of light and opportunity that we have had.
- To exalt the Lord in our lives so that others who do not know Him will see how great He truly is.
- To know that there is no other way to come t God except through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- To understand that we demonstrate our faith in God and give witness to our faith by the way we live and the work we do.
I. THE WOMAN WHO LIVED IN A CITY UNDER JUDMENT!
Exodus 15:14-16; Joshua 2:1-11
–Our world is under the judgment of God, and everyone needs to know of the Saviour.
II. THE WAY OF SALVATION!
–All who come to God must come by the blood the Lord Jesus.
III. THE WITNESS OF HER FAITH!
–We demonstrate our faith to others by the way we live.