A World Looking For Love Part 2
February 20, 2022 / Genesis 8:
1 Corinthians 13, Mark 6:1-4
A World Looking For Love – Part 2
February 20th, 2022
“Building Houses Of Honor”
1 Corinthians 13; Genesis 8
1 Corinthians 13:5 (a)
5. “It (love) does not dishonor others …”
Romans 12:10 (NIV)
“…Honor one another above yourselves.”
Mark 6:1-4 (NLT)
Jesus left that part of the country and returned with his disciples to
Nazareth, his hometown. The next Sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue, and
many who heard him were amazed. They asked, “Where did he get all this wisdom
and the power to perform such miracles?” Then they scoffed, “He’s just a carpenter,
the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon. And his sisters
live right here among us.” They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.
Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown
and among his relatives and his own family.”
(Def. of dishonor) – Atimos (Gk)
to treat as or ordinary. To make them than they really .
Def. of Honor:
Time (Gk): to , respect, or highly esteem; to treat as , or valuable.
Honoring begins with your of .
Romans 8:30 (NIV)
And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
Story of Noah
Genesis 8:15-22 (NIV)
• Background of story
Some Things We Can Learn About Honoring God
1. God provides a for his .
2. God doors and doors
3. The buoyancy of a new beginning is often symbolized by .
4. Noah built by faith to the of his .
Hebrews 11:7 “… built an ark to save his family …”
5. The way you live will show up on how you live of .
6. He has a way of designing a place so that no matter how turbulent things are on the , you can have on the .
• God Works in and places
Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)
5. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
• Noah and his grandson
o He built out of and .
o Noah built out of
Hebrews 11:7 (NIV)
7. By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear (OR IN HONOR TO GOD) built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.
• He builds an and God above everything else!
• He built a of to !