Rated E for Everyone – Part 2February 12, 2023
Rated E for Everyone – Part 2
- We don’t like to be wrong
- We don’t like to be told what to do.
- We don’t want another man telling us how to run our relationships.
- We want our wives to think all the great ideas are our ideas.
- We are wrong most of the time.
- We desperately need to be told what to do.
- We wouldn’t need another man to tell us how to run our relationships if we would just listen to our wives.
- Our wives know our greatest ideas were their ideas that they let us think were our ideas.
The most powerful relational dynamic there is between a husband and wife is Submission.
Ephesians 5:21 And further, to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 5:22-24 For wives, this means to your husbands as to the Lord. For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. As the submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your in everything.
Ephesians 5:25 For husbands, this means your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her
James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good , by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.
- Wisdom leads to Humility which leads to more Wisdom.
Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes , but with humility comes wisdom.
James 3:14-16 But if you harbor bitter and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, , demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every practice.
James 3:17-18 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all ; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in reap a harvest of righteousness.
- Admit it
- Consider it
- Embrace it
Pray together out loud on a regular basis.
1. Short and specific is better than long and flawless.
2. Pray with each other not at each other.
3. Pray together with your children, and pray together for your Children.