Another DimensionJanuary 30, 2022
Week 05: Another Dimension
Luke 10:19 (Amp)
Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.
Spiritual warfare is about establishing and maintaining whose dominion, whose ideas, whose identity, whose purposes and plans will rule in our lives, our families, communities, city, state, country—God or Satan
Key elements of war:
- Two opposing side – an enemy
- Something of great value and worth to fight for – a prize
- Results of the winner and the loser – outcome
- Something to fight with – weapons
Genesis 1:28 (NIV)
God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.
Genesis 2:15 (NIV)
The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it (guard).
Four responsibilities through which we exercise God’s dominion in the earth:
- Subdue the earth – tread down, conquer, subjugate (bring under God’s authority every idea, every desire, every behavior and habit that wasn’t in line with God’s rule and dominion)—take captive every thought and bring it into obedience with the Word of God.
- Rule over – take dominion, reign, take over, prevail against
- Work – serve God, study and learn God’s way and put them into practice in our lives, obey Him
- Guard – protect, watch, attend
God returned kingship and dominion over Satan through Jesus
If we don’t exercise our authority through the power of the Holy Spirit, we create a void and leave the door open for Satan to establish his rule.
(1 John 2:16 AMP)
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life [assurance in one’s own resources or in the stability of earthly things]—these do not come from the Father but are from the world [itself].
Learn from Adam the consequences of not standing in your authority—that you give place for the enemy
Learn from Jesus how to stand and hold your ground against the enemy