Living in the Graveyard, No Longer!December 12, 2021 / Ephesians 2:1-5
1. Living as a person!
Ephesians 2:1, Romans 6:23, 1 Timothy 5:6
- – intentionally stepping over a boundary or off a path
- – to miss the mark or the standard.
2. Following an , course.
Ephesians 2:1-4, Ephesians 4:17-18, James 4:1-4
- The ways of the world.
- The ways of the devil
- The cravings of the flesh
Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.
3. God . . .
Ephesians 2:4-5 ESV, Ephesians 2:4-5, 1 John 5:11-13
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS, THOUGHTS and THINGS TO PONDER
For your personal discipleship, discussion with family, your Life-Group, or your watch party
Quick Review: Ask yourself: Was there a particular point or passage of Scripture that challenged, confused, or caught your attention?
- Review the main idea behind each of the points below?
- 1. Living as a dead person.
- 2. Following an Off-Course, Course
- 3. But God . . .
- Can it be said of you, because of Jesus Christ, that “as for you, you were dead . . .”?
- Pastor Paul made a distinction between transgressions and sins. How does that help you to understand that no one is “good enough” apart from Jesus?
- Many people find it difficult to grasp that people follow the ways of the world, the enemy, or natural desires without even knowing it at times. How have you observed this in your own life?
- Can give an example from your own life how you believed or practiced something that was contrary to God’s desires?
- Can you think of an area or practice in your life that you are still not following Jesus but something or someone else?
- If you are a person who is “in Christ Jesus” can you describe how you have sensed God’s mercy and love?
- Describe what happened when you stepped into relationship with Jesus Christ.