LIFE HACKS: The Weight of WorryJuly 18, 2021 / Proverbs 12:25
Stop about life.
He is our
Mathew 6:27, Proverbs 12:25 NLT
- Worry means to .
- Worry your mind.
Worry Affects You in 4 Ways:
Methods for Handling Worry, Stress, Anxiety
Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Peter 5:7
- : It’s hard to be angry or ignore God as we worship him, and he is always worthy of all our praise. (Hebrew 12:28; Psalm 95; Psalm 100)
- : It re-routes our primary attention from an earthly issue to our heavenly father. (1 Thessalonians. 5:17; Jeremiah 29:11-14; 1 John 5:14-15)
- : If you’re under a load of stress, it may be time to ask for help from family, friends, or co-workers. (Romans 12:4-5; Proverbs 11:2; Exodus 18:14-15)
- : The body of Christ is meant to strengthen us when we’re weak, help us in times of need, support us during difficulties, and celebrate God’s faithfulness with us. (Hebrew 10:24-25; 1 Corinthians 12:25-27)
- : God’s word repeatedly reminds us why worry and anxiety do not come from God. (2 Timothy 3:16; Psalm 119:105; Matthew 4:4; Joshua 1:8)
These biblical practices help recalibrate our spiritual response to stressors that disrupt equilibrium in our lives. Remembering that we serve a mighty, all-powerful God who reigns over every inch of our lives and promises to work all things for the good of those who love him helps rightly align our perspective.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS, THOUGHTS and THINGS TO PONDER
For your personal discipleship, discussion with family, your Life-Group, or your watch party
- Was there a particular point or passage of Scripture that challenged, confused, or caught your attention
- What stood out to you in the message?
- What are you worried about today?
- What’s strangling you today?
- When circumstances are out of your control, how do you deal with worry?
- List ways that you can better handle your stress and worry and also how can you help others deal with their worry.
You only live once – don’t worry yourself to death.