LIFE HACKS: Last CallJuly 25, 2021 / Proverbs 20:1
Is drunk you the real you?
“Drunkenness may expose things deep inside of you, but it doesn’t have any good news for the darkness that emerges.”
“No one ever takes the first drink thinking that they want to become an alcoholic.”
The danger in overindulgence in alcohol can trap you in a lifestyle of dependence.
- I must have a drink to relax
- I must have a drink to socialize
- I must have a drink to deal with life
- I must have a drink to fit in
- I must have a drink because I’m happier when I drink
The more a person consumes the more a person loses.
- Loses the will to think straight
- Loses the will to act right
- Loses the ability to control themselves
- Loses the ability to function
“We can’t be filled with the Spirit and filled with wine at the same time”
- Old Life (Ephesians 5:18a)
- New Life (Ephesians 5:18b)
1. What stood out to you most about this Sunday’s sermon?
2. How is wine (strong drink) a mocker?
3. Is getting drunk a sin?
4. Do you think that drunkenness is cause for separation from eternity in heaven? Luke 21:34, 1 Cor. 6:10, Gal. 5:21
5. Ephesians 5:18 says, “Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit…” If you drink alcohol, what steps have you put into place to not get drunk?
6. If you don’t drink alcohol, why not?
7. Why do you think being drunk with alcohol and filled with the Spirit are used in the same sentence?
8. What things of the old you have you cut off and what evidence of the Holy Spirit do you see within yourself?