August 26, 2020
August 26, 2020
It’s More Than A Screen
Hebrews 10.23-25 (TPT)
23 So now we must cling tightly to the hope that lives within us, knowing that God always keeps his promises![ 24 Discover creative ways to encourage others and to motivate them toward acts of compassion, doing beautiful works as expressions of love. 25 This is not the time to pull away and neglect[n] meeting together, as some have formed the habit of doing, because we need each other! In fact, we should come together even more frequently, eager to encourage and urge each other onward as we anticipate that day dawning. (TPT)
BIG IDEA: When we cling to Jesus as the , we realize how much .
#1 When we cling to Jesus as the hope we…
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalm 118.8 (ESV)
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6.9 (NIV)
#2 By realizing how much others matter we…
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5.11 (NIV)
Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6.2 (ASV)
Let’s Apply It:
- Post it – Post a verse daily on your social media accounts for the next 7 days.
- Encouragement – Text someone daily for this next week something encouraging.
- Talk About it – Talk face-2-face with a friend about God.
- Look on your phone, how much time this past week did you spend looking at your screen? What did you do the majority of the time? (If you don’t have a phone guesstimate how much time you spent on a screen)
- Share about a time when you lost or had shaken confidence with God? What happened?
- Encouraging words are sometimes the best words when they’re used in the right moments. Has someone ever shared an encouraging word that really made you feel great? Don’t hold back, go ahead and share.