Pursuing Prayer: Prayer for Spiritual StrengthFebruary 7, 2021
Prayer for Spiritual Strength
Ephesians 3:13-18 ESV
1. There are different of when we pray.
- Close – this is when we experience God from a distance.
- Closer – this level of prayer allows for a closer look without a deep direct contact with Him. We can hear Him and see Him more clearly but, we are still easily distracted.
- Closest– this level of prayer allows us to experience the full power.
Psalms 29:3 ESV
2. God will never Himself into our situations. He waits to be
Prayer is the divinely authorized methodology to access heavenly authority for earthly intervention.
- Prayer invites heaven to intervene in earthly situations.
- Satan has no desire for you to connect with God. Why? Because when we connect with the power of God, he has lost his grip on you.
3. When you and I to God in prayer we will never heart.
Paul is writing about a people who have two problems:
- They don’t have the power to change their circumstances.
- They are struggling to deal with the pain and are needing an answer.
4. Prayer says to God come in and yourself at home
The peace of God is an inside job. We are in many occasions looking for change in our situation, however many times it is an inside change that must take place.
- “that Christ may dwell” a literal translation here is come in, make yourself at home.
- The idea is so simple but has massive implications. Our hearts have to be HIS home.
- Jesus must be free to live in the inner most rooms of our hearts.
* Prayer creates the height, depth and width for the love and power of God.
* God’s power and love are infinite and inexhaustible. He has no beginning and no end.
* You are calling on the one that is greater than all you are dealing with! Don’t be discouraged connect to the power of a living God he is waiting!