The Real God – Wk. 3September 27, 2020 / Pastor Jason Huddleston
The Real God (Wk. 3)
1. Because God is , we can be assured that our transformation will be .
- SOVEREIGN: Someone who is above all, who is superior, the greatest, the chief, the supreme power, the ranking authority.
2. This assurance doesn’t mean that our won’t have real and significant on our lives.
- PROVIDENCE: God is continually involved with creation
- Existing and maintaining created properties
- Cooperating with every action, directing to cause them to act
- Directing them to fulfill His purposes
3. In His sovereignty, God chooses to with us and us to bring about the change He desires in our lives.
- CONCURRENCE: God cooperates with created things in every action, directing their distinctive properties to cause them to act as they do.
- God will finish what He started in you.
- Understand the of your daily decisions.
- Ask God, as your good guide, to daily you in His ways.
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Job 37:6-12.
- What has been your understanding of God’s sovereignty?
- How does it make you feel that God promises to bring about transformation in your life? Explain.
- How are you trusting God to do so?
- Does God’s promise of transformation mean you have not responsibility? Explain.
- Even though God is sovereign, our decisions still have real consequences (both positive and negative). How have these truths played out in your life?
- What thoughts come to mind when you hear God is continually involved in all that he has created?
- How have you seen him continually involved in your own life?
- Why is it such an abstract concept that a sovereign God wants to cooperate with us? Can you explain concurrence in your own terms?
- Do you have trouble believing God is going to finish the work of transformation He has begun in your life? Explain.
- What are some practical ways you can let God lead you this week?
*Close by reading Philippians 1:6. Meditate on God’s promise in that verse this week.