Prayer Postures – Week 2September 23, 2020 / Lizzy Goff
Prayer Postures ~ Week 2 ~ Lizzy Goff ~ 09.23.2020
- We’re trying to let God know what’s going on inside of us.
- Reasons we tend to pray are normally
- Posture represents your hearts attitude.
- Daniel 6:10 – “When Daniel knew that the document had been signed, he went to his house where he had windows in his upper chamber open toward Jerusalem. He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done previously.”
- 1 Kings 8:54 – “Now as Solomon finished offering all this prayer and plea to the Lord, he arose from before the altar of the Lord, where he had knelt with hands outstretched toward heaven.”
- Kneeling yourself to God and YOU that is the reason for worship.
- Kneeling isn’t the most comfortable position, but that’s the point. We are showing God that He is more important than our comfort level. It’s a sacrifice.
- Because kneeling reminds us of the importance of God, it gets rid of .
- Humility = a modest or low view of one’s own importance; freedom from pride or arrogance; the quality or state of being .
- Humility comes from the Latin word humus, which means ‘earth’.
- By kneeling, you deliberately increase your contact with the earth.
- In kneeling, you recognize that you aren’t worthy. You are reminded of the Awesomeness of God.
2. Kneeling also implies that you give up your freedom of . –> In prayer and worship, it’s so important have that time of being STILL before God. If your body is still, then your mind is more focused and still.
- Psalms 46:10 – “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
3. Kneeling , lifts God .
- By kneeling and bringing yourself to a lower level, you lift God up higher in your heart.
- You put God on a pedestal.
- By making yourself you make God .
- Your posture the Lord.
- Exalts = to hold something or someone in high regard. To lift up.
- Romans 14:11 – “For the scripture says, “As surely as I am the living God, says the Lord, everyone will kneel before me, and everyone will confess that I am God.”
- God is a God.
- He wants your attention.
- God doesn’t like it when other things draw more attention from you then He does.
- When you’re distracted, kneel.
- Your outward appearance doesn’t just what’s happening on the inside. It what’s happening on the inside.