Choosing God’s Plan // It’s Time [Part 3]January 23, 2022
“Since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others.” Romans 12:5b (NLT)
1. Connect: I need others to walk with me.
“Just as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him…” Colossians 2:6 (ESV)
• It’s safer.
• It’s supportive.
• It’s smarter.
“Only fools would trust what they alone think…” Proverbs 28:26 (CEV)
“Without good direction, people lose their way; the more wise counsel you follow, the better your chances.” Proverbs 11:14 (Mes)
“It is not good for man to be alone…” Genesis 2:18 (NLT)
“This is not the time to pull away and neglect meeting together, as some have formed the habit of doing, because we need each other! In fact, we should come together even more frequently, eager to encourage each other onward…” Hebrews 10:25 (TPT)
• Community is God’s answer to: Loneliness.
“When you gather, each one of you be prepared with something useful for all: Sing a hymn, teach a lesson, tell a story, lead a prayer, provide an insight… Take your turn, with no one person taking over. That way… you all learn from each other.” 1 Cor. 14:26, 30-31 (Mes)
2. Protect: I need others to watch out for me.
“Look out for one another’s interest, not just your own.” Philippians 2:4 (GNT)
“Keep being concerned about each other as the Lord’s followers should.” Hebrews 13:1 (CEV)
“A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated but two can stand back to back and conquer. Three are even better for a triple braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NIV)
• Community is God’s answer to: Defeat.
“If one person falls another can reach out and help. But people who are alone when they fall are in real trouble.” Ecclesiastes 4:10 (NLT)
3. Grow: I need others to spur me on.
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” Hebrews 10:24 (NIV)
• Community is God’s answer to: Discouragement.
“Let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessings if we don’t get discouraged and give up.” Galatians 6:9 (TLB)
2022 WINTER/SPRING VINEYARD NETWORK
• The small group semester is 13 weeks – January 30-April 30
• Small groups fall into 1 of 7 categories: Students – Marriage – Women – Men – Prayer – Freedom – Outreach
• Start by visiting vineyardchurch.com/vineyardnetwork You can also visit the Info desk or call our office and we’ll help.
• Choose a few groups to check out and be sure to call before you visit to confirm the time and location of the meeting.
•After a few visits, choose the one that’s right for you and get ready for the best year of your life!