1. Grace Alone and Our Attitude in Giving
How not to give….
2. Grace Alone and Our View of God in Giving
- God is able (9:6): He can provide for us.
- God is gracious (9:7-8): He loves to bless us.
- God is faithful (9:9): He is committed to us.
- God is the Owner.
- Our heavenly Father owns all the wealth in this world and the next. He wants it all in circulation. It all belongs to His children. The secret of getting is giving, not from our apparent resources but from God’s actual resources. Pastor Rob
- God is not the Taker of our stuff.
- God is the Giver.
3. Grace Alone, Giving, and the Forward Spiral of Grace
- God is the Giver at the beginning, middle, and end of our giving.
- God graciously gives to us before we ever give (9:10).
- God graciously gives through us as we give (9:11).
- God graciously gives to us after we give (9:10).
We are blessed (9:8-11).
- Others are blessed (9:12).
- Life together is displayed (9:12-13).
- God is glorified (9:11-13).
- “Those receiving these gifts will glorify God when they see the practical outworking of the gospel in the generosity of the Corinthians.” African theologian Issiaka Coulibaly
- With a God like ours and a grace like this, it is no wonder we are called to be cheerful givers!