Life Group Outline_Making-Change-Week 2November 8, 2021
Think back to Pastor’s T message. What sticks out?
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 NIV
Prayers for Paying Off Debt
- God, give me self-control.
Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control. Proverbs 25:28 NIV
- God, give me understanding.
… my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6 NIV
- God, give me a plan.
The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty. Proverbs 21:5 NIV
- Less is more
- Stress is bad
- Giving is good
- Tomorrow matters
- God provides
Luke 14:28, Romans 13:8, Nehemiah 5:1-13, Ecclesiastes 5:10, Proverbs 13:11, Hebrews 13:5
Start talking. Conversation starter:
- Tomorrow you get $300,000, no strings attached. What do you do with it?
- What’s your worst buyer’s remorse story? Just get it off your chest.
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Take a minute to write down your three greatest financial stressors. How are they holding you back?
- If money weren’t an issue, how do you think your life would look different?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Have you ever experienced financial vulnerability? What was that like?
- Have you developed any processes or habits that help you avoid financial bondage? What works for you?
- What are a few things you can say no to?
- Do you have a plan for paying off debt? Where do you plan to start?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Jesus, You already set us free, once and for all. Any bondage we experience stands no chance against the power of Your grace. Will You help us to break free from financial stress so that we can do more for You? Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Visit https://www.ramseysolutions.com/debt and create your plan for getting out of debt.
- Start reading Dave Ramsey’s Financial Wisdom from Proverbs today. https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/463-dave-ramsey-proverbs