A Prayer for PowerNovember 7, 2021
Gospel Light Church
A prayer for power!
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
- For what reason? “our new makes us the dwelling place of God”
15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
- Our Father in heaven that knows all and knows His children by !
16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
- The riches of His glory is in direct parallel to the of His riches.
- “The greater a persons wealth, the greater his gift must be to qualify for giving according to his wealth.”
- His riches are and he gives from that accordingly!
17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
- “Two expressions are used: ’rooted’, like a living tree which lays hold upon the soil, twists itself round the rocks, and cannot be upturned: ‘grounded’, like a building which has been settled, as a whole and will never show any cracks or flaws in the future through failures in the foundation.” – Spurgeon
- Agape love is not just an emotion or feeling but and !
- The absence of is the presence of .
18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
- To have the strength to !
- Breadth – wide enough to include every
- Length – long enough to last through all
- Depth – deep enough to reach the worst
- Height – high enough to take us to
19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
- You can this love!!
- “Among all the great sayings in this prayer, this is the greatest. To be filled with God is a great thing; to be filled with the fullness of God is still greater; but to be filled with all the fullness of God utterly bewilders the sense and confounds the understanding.” – Clarke
20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,
- He goes and anything and everything we can even think up!
- He is !
- We are the , we are the , we are the people!!!
- How do we get to that point???
- When the Holy Spirit us
- When Christ us
- When love has us
- When God has us with His own fullness
21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
- It all is to bring God glory, in His church and in Christ Jesus!!