Diversity – God Desires A United ChurchAugust 1, 2021
Sermon Series: Diversity
Message 4: God Desires A United Church
Lombard Bible Church
August 1, 2021
#1 Do we ? Do we have dividing walls that need to be torn down in our past or our present?
#2 Do we ? Do we celebrate & partner with God’s purpose to bring together a united multi-ethnic family?
- What’s the biggest celebration you’ve ever been a part of?
- In Ephesians 2, Paul celebrates the work that Jesus has done in bringing together a multi-ethnic family in the church. Read Ephesians 2:1-16. What did you hear from the Scripture or the message this past Sunday?
- Read Ephesians 2:14. What do you think Paul means by this verse? Do you think there are dividing walls of hostility between ethnicities in the U.S. today? If so, why do you think there is division?
- In Ephesians 2:1-10 Paul lays out the gospel and in Ephesians 2:11 Paul says, “Therefore …” then proceeds to talk about ethnic divisions in the church. What does the gospel have to do with race and ethnicity? (Need help? Check out Ephesians 2:11-16 for ideas).
- Read Ephesians 2:15-16. According to these verses, what is one of the purposes of Jesus dying on the cross? What would it look like for us to live out this purpose in the church today?
- Pray for each other.