The Gospel According to John – Week 2February 28, 2021 / Dean Johnson
The Gospel According to John ~ The Joy To Come ~ Dean Johnson ~ 02.26.21
Online Notes are available @ sermons.church
- Jesus’ miracles were of His divinity and His divine for the New Kingdom
- Third day typically signifies OR a transition from old to
- Gen 22:4-8 – Abraham sees the place where the Lord provides the sacrifice
- Exodus 19 – God makes a covenant with the people of Israel after they’ve escaped Egypt
- Matt 12:40 – God brought Jonah out of the belly of the fish
- Gen 1:11-13 – fruit bearing plants – that make wine possible – were brought forth from the earth.
- “My hour has not come” = Jesus is thinking of the wedding feast
- Jesus’ use of the ceremonially cleansing vessels to make new wine was pointing to the new covenant of Grace and the ONE Sacrifice and the ONE Washing of baptism.
- Run out of joy?
- Turn to Jesus
- Accept the response – or the silence
- Do whatever He says