Laurelwood Baptist Church
January 17, 2021
Main Scripture Reference(s)Galatians 2, John 4
We believe that the Bible is God's Word that helps us face all the opportunities and challenges that come our way.
Racial JusticeJanuary 17, 2021 / Pastor Mike Wilde / Acts 10
Live out your
Links Mentioned In Sermon
- Previous Community Chat link – https://youtu.be/yNOnWFhxdIs
- Bible Project Video on Justice – https://bibleproject.com/explore/video/justice/
- Link to Letter from a Birmingham Jail – https://letterfromjail.com/
- Link to 13th – https://www.netflix.com/title/80091741
- Event Source Ministries – https://www.eventsourceministries.com/
Questions To Consider
- What do you believe about the current debate and discussions of racism and injustice taking place in our country right now? What have you learned/discovered that has led you to believe this?
- What is the difference between Peter’s response to Cornelius, a Gentile, in Acts 10 compared with his conduct with the Gentiles in Galatians 2:11-14? Why? Are there times when you have done something similar? Share an example.
- As you look at John 4, what did Jesus do that led the Samaritans to ask Him to stay two days longer with them when there was such animosity between Jews and Samaritans at that time? What are some practical ways we can build credibility and trust with other cultures and races as we reflect the justice and righteousness of God?