RE:ORIENT – A PERSPECTIVE THAT CHANGES EVERYTHINGNovember 22, 2020
1. The reality of our .
2. The redirection of our .
3. The reminder of our .
4. The truth about our .
Ps 27:5; Jn 10:28-29
5. The expectation for our .
Phil 1:21; Gal 2:20; 1 Jn 3:2
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read Colossians 2:11-14, 3:1-3, 10. How have we been “raised with Christ”?
- A. Refer to Colossians 3:2. What are some “earthly things” upon which we can set our minds?
See Galatians 5:19-21 and James 4:1-4.
B. How about some “things above”?
See Philippians 3:20.
C. Pick one of the “things above” to put into focus this week.
- Is there a danger of being “so heavenly minded that we’re of no earthly good”? Share your thoughts on this saying.
- Refer to Colossians 3:3. How are our lives “hidden in Christ with God”?
- Read Colossians 3:4.
A. How is Christ “your life” now?
B. How will that change for you in eternity?
Referring to question 2C, prepare for action: Set aside a few minutes to plan how and when you will focus on that “thing above” this week. At next week’s meeting, share your topic and an insight you gained by studying and meditating on it.
Set some specific time apart to pray and ask the Lord to give you one specific “heavenly” thing to focus on this week. Ask Him for insight and wisdom as you study and meditate on that topic. We must always remember that our drive and dedication are powerless without our complete dependence upon the Lord. Ask Him to enable and strengthen you in your commitments to Him as you fix your gaze on things above.