Jesus EverydayJanuary 3, 2021
- What keeps us from in Jesus every day?
- The cares of the . v. 1
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:34
“Christians should travel light.” Leon Morris
- The sin that easily .
“Do you mortify; do you make it your daily work; be always at it whilst you live; cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you.”
John Owen, The Mortification of Sin
2. The cross is what us to follow Jesus daily. v. 2
“And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” Luke 9:23
- The work on the cross validates Jesus as the author and ______of the faith.
“It was by his death that he wished above all else to be remembered. There is then, it is safe to say, no Christianity without the cross. If the cross is not central to our religion, ours is not the religion of Jesus.” John Stott, The Cross of Christ
- Jesus looked through the cross to the joy of of man and the of their hearts.
3. We consider Jesus , so we don’t give up. v. 3
How is FCC going to follow Jesus every day?
- Read the Word
- Pray the Word
- Live the Word