In the TempleMarch 14, 2021
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
1 Corinthians 2:16 NASB
And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. Matthew 27:51 NASB
When a Jewish man entered the court of the temple, he confronted an designed for animal sacrifices.
Afterward one would in the Laver (or basin) that was also there as a picture of .
After this a priest could enter the .
There he would find the of the Presence, which pictured .
In the same way, after and the forgiveness of sin, we begin to in the of God’s .
The Table of Showbread
- The of a child, adolescent, and mature person are all .
- The of food they eat is different
- When comes the diet falls off.
- Health is when we eat every day.
- There were loaves of bread on this table – representing all the .
- To in too much really is not the best for spiritual .
- Learning the of diet is to allow Holy Spirit to lead.
- There were no , so the Lampstand was a .
- This represents the Holy Spirit’s illuminating .
Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Command the sons of Israel that they bring to you clear oil from beaten olives for the light, to make a lamp burn continually.” Leviticus 24:1-2
- As the light allowed the priest to see, so too we need the for our .
- The priests were to regularly furnish for the Lampstand and make sure to trim the .
- The Light gives us enough light to walk by .
Altar Of Incense
- This altar reminded the Israelites that must play a central role in the life of God’s people.
- Prayer is our with God.
- We want to farther than we need and ourselves to more than we need.
- The is what the Father is .
- He doesn’t really desire us to so far and be so full we lack our for Him.
Notice There Are Areas
Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. Romans 12:1
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:24
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth. Colossians 3:2