Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Wk. 6May 23, 2021 / Pastor Jason Huddleston / First Baptist Church, Elgin TX
Won’t You Be My Neighbor? – Wk. 6
1. A huge part of loving our neighbor involves learning to consistently and speak the to them.
- John 14:6
- Ephesians 4:15
2. We need to speak the truth to our neighbors about , so they can see our imperfections and have an to love us.
- Romans 12:3
3. We need to speak the truth to our neighbors about and their need for .
- Romans 10:14
- James 3:10
- all falsehood with your neighbor.
- Embrace with your neighbor.
- Consistently the goodness of God found in Christ.
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Ephesians 4:24-25.
- Why is speaking the truth an important part of loving your neighbor?
- Can you give some examples of things that are not considered truth? Why are we so prone to discussing these things instead of Jesus?
- Are you normally authentic about yourself with your neighbor? If not, what is preventing you from doing so?
- When was the last time you shared the truth of Christ with a neighbor?
- Do you consider yourself a person who consistently perpetuates the truth? If not, why?
* Close by practicing authenticity: share one personal prayer request/need with your group to allow them to minister to you through prayer.