Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Wk. 4May 9, 2021
Won’t You Be My Neighbor? – Wk. 4
1. People will you, especially those to you.
2. Because Jesus is our , we must those that hurt us.
- Luke 23:34
- Matthew 6:15
3. Because we in God, we must trust Him to the wrong done against us.
- Romans 12:17-19
1. you will be hurt by people close to you.
2. those who hurt you.
3. God to avenge the wrong done to you.
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Leviticus 19:18
- Why do you think God connects the second greatest commandment with not taking revenge or bearing a grudge against people in our community?
- Why are we more likely to be hurt by those close to us?
- How do you define a grudge? Have you ever held a grudge?
- If Jesus is our example, how can we justify not forgiving others?
- Take a moment and read Matthew 18:21-35. Why was the King so angry with the unmerciful servant? How do you think this relates to what Jesus says in Matthew 6:15 when he says that if we don’t forgive others, God will not forgive our offenses?
- Why are we so prone to want to seek vengeance? Has there ever been a time that you have wanted to do so? Would you be willing to share with the group?
- Why is God’s wrath better than any vengeance we could take?
* Close by asking God to help you forgive those that have hurt you and to trust him to hold them accountable.