First Baptist Church, Elgin TX
Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Wk. 3
May 2, 2021
Won’t You Be My Neighbor – Wk. 3May 2, 2021
Won’t You Be My Neighbor? – Wk. 3
1. You can’t love your neighbor if you’re not with God’s in your own life.
- James 1:17
- Philippians 4:11-13
2. Coveting always leads to , because it turns people I’m designed to in, into targets of .
- Romans 12:15
- James 4:1-3
1. Believe God is .
2. Count your .
3. Be and thank God for what you have.
4. Genuinely with your neighbor.
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Deuteronomy 5:21.
- Why can’t we love our neighbor if we are not content with God’s blessings in our own life?
- Define coveting in your own words.
- Can you name a time when you did not want what God wanted for you? Share.
- What are some of the good gifts God has given you?
- Why does coveting lead to division? Expound.
- How does coveting change how we see others?
- Be honest, are you more prone to rejoice with others or covet their good gifts?
- Do you ever struggle believing God is good?
- The good gifts of life are given by God to us, for us, so that He can work through us. How can this truth help you be content in all circumstances?
* Close by having people in your group share a praise and take time as a group to rejoice with one another for all that God has done.