First Baptist Church, Elgin TX
The Real God – Wk. 7
October 25, 2020
Main Scripture Reference(s)
The Real God – Wk. 7
October 25, 2020 / Ephesians 3:17-19
The Real God (Wk. 7)
LOVE: God’s holy disposition toward all that He has created that compels Him to express unconditional affection and selective correction to provide the highest quality of existence, both now and forever, for the object of his love.
1. God loves us than we will ever .
- 1 Timothy 6:16
- John 3:16 NIV
- Romans 5:7-8
2. Even though we may never fully the depth and breadth of God’s love – we should .
- Ephesians 3:17-19
- Philippians 3:10-11 NIV
3. The clearest of God’s love is .
“God, who needs nothing, loves into existence wholly superfluous creatures in order that He may love and perfect them. He creates the universe, already foreseeing – the buzzing cloud of flies about the cross, the flayed back pressed against the uneven stake, the nails driven through the mesial nerves… If I may dare the biological image, God is a “host” who deliberately creates His own parasites; causes us to be that we may exploit and “take advantage of” Him. Herein is love. This is the diagram of Love Himself, the inventor of all loves.”
4. Jesus that God loves and longs to redeem His .
- about the love of God.
- the love of God.
- God back
- Love the way God has loved .
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Ephesians 3:17-19.
- Why is the love of God so hard to grasp?
- How is the love of God different than the love the world displays?
- How often do you try to grasp the love God has for you? Let’s think about it now. What are some ways that you experience God’s love?
- How has Jesus been the clearest picture of God’s love for you? Explain.
- What does Jesus’ attitude towards the people of Jerusalem reveal about how God feels about you?
- How does it make you feel to know that God loves your enemy as much as he loves you?
- How should the way that God has loved you change the way you treat God, yourself, your loved ones and your enemies?
*Close in prayer.