The Real God – Wk. 2September 20, 2020 / Pastor Jason Huddleston / First Baptist Church, Elgin TX
The Real God (Wk. 2)
1. Because God is , he wants to our life.
1 John 4:10
2. This spiritual is a .
- Justification = Spiritual Birth
- Sanctification = Spiritual Growth
- Glorification = Spiritual Maturity
2 Corinthians 3:18
3. We often God’s desire for change.
3 Reasons We Fail To Transform
1. Spiritual .
2. Spiritual .
3. Spiritual .
1. your new identity.
2. Do life in .
3. Get a high, holy view of .
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Psalm 145:9.
- Do you think God is good? Have you always thought that way? Explain.
- Is God’s desire to change your life based on His goodness or your performance? Talk about that.
- Are you seeking Jesus? How has that relationship transformed your life?
- Have you ever found yourself resting solely in justification instead of pursing sanctification? In other words, have you ever been stagnant in your faith and not pursuing the Lord?
- Is your goal to be transformed into the image of Jesus? If not, what have you been pursuing?
- God’s goal for your life is transformation, but he also promises not to leave you alone through the process. Philippians 1:6 says, “I am sure of this, that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Does that bring you peace? Encouragement? Share.
- How have you resisted God’s change in the past?
- Who does God say you are?
- How are you pursuing community?
- How can you maintain an elevated view of God?
*This week meditate on Romans 5:8 and 1 John 4:10. Consider God’s love. What does it mean to you that God died for you while you were a sinner and that you do not have to work to earn righteousness or His love?