Major Themes From The Minor Prophets – ZephaniahJuly 25, 2021
Major Themes from The Minor Prophets – Zephaniah
1. God’s and judgment will one day over all of the earth.
- Zephaniah 1:2-3
2. Nothing that we typically put our in will be able to save or us on that day.
- Zephaniah 1:18
3. Only God Himself has the to save us and bring us .
- Zephaniah 3:17
- Habakkuk 3:2
1. what is coming.
2. Get a view of your resources.
3. In humility, cry out to Jesus for .
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Zephaniah 1:2-3, 18; 3:17.
- How does the thought of God’s wrath sweeping over all the earth make you feel? Is this a concept you are familiar with? Discuss.
- What are some of the things people trust in for protection? Personalize it – what are some things YOU trust in for protection. Could these things be considered idols? Can any of them soften the wrath of a Holy God?
- Read Zephaniah 3:17 again. How does this verse bring you comfort? What does it mean to you to know that God will be WITH us as He judges the world? Imagine for a moment – God holding you and singing over you to calm your spirit during the events described in Zephaniah. What does this though reveal to you about the love of God for His children?
- How can we better live with an understanding of God’s coming wrath? What could you do better to remind yourself of this on a regular basis? Would such a view change your willingness to share Christ with others?
- Have you trusted Christ as your Savior and Lord? If not, humble yourself before Him now and confess that you can’t save yourself from what’s coming and that you need Him to save you.
* Close by thanking God for His love and provision in Jesus Christ.