Major Themes from the Minor Prophets – ObadiahJune 20, 2021 / Pastor Jason Huddleston / First Baptist Church, Elgin TX
Major Themes from The Minor Prophets – Obadiah
1. is .
- Obadiah 1:3
- Obadiah 1:12-13
2. Unresolved can have lasting .
- Ephesians 4:25-27
3. opposes the .
- James 4:6
- Matthew 23:12
4. has provided a way of .
- Obadiah 1:17
1. yourself before the Lord.
2. Work on conflicts in your life.
3. Learn to in your siblings rather than them.
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Obadiah.
- How have you seen the deception of pride in your life? Have you ever allowed the hurt that others have caused you to morph into a sense of entitlement (i.e., I deserve better, you wronged me, you have to pay, etc.)?
- What unresolved conflict have you experienced? Share.
- Does the thought of God actively opposing the proud scare you? Why or why not?
- How have you seen God oppose your pride?
- When was the last time you prayed for forgiveness from personal pride? Explain.
- How can you better deal with anger/hurt/conflict in your life? In your own words, explain how we can be angry and not sin?
- How can you find great enjoyment in your family and friends this week? Is there a family member or friend you need to reach out to or reconnect with?
* Close by confessing your personal pride and asking for God’s forgiveness.