First Baptist Church, Elgin TX
Major Themes From The Minor Prophets – Amos
June 13, 2021
Major Themes From The Minor Prophets – AmosJune 13, 2021
Major Themes from The Minor Prophets – Amos
1. can use .
- Amos 1:1
- Amos 7:12-13
- Amos 7:14-15
2. Great comes with great .
- Amos 3:2
- Luke 12:48
3. always leads to .
- Amos 5:12
- Amos 5:21-23
- Amos 5:25
1. Purely God.
2. others in need.
3. God can use you and Him do it.
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Amos 5:11-24.
- Have you ever thought you are not special enough, not good enough, not holy enough or you don’t have the right background for God to use you? Explain. In spite of that, share some instances where God has used you in your lifetime.
- How are you being responsible as God’s chosen child?
- How do you feel about what Jesus says in Luke 12:48, “from everyone who has been given much, much will be required”?
- What idolatry do you see in your life currently (ex: security, comfort, money, food, sex, pleasure, etc.)?
- How does your idolatry impact your morality and how you see and love others?
- What steps are you taking to purely pursue God? Is righteousness something you are currently focusing on? Why or why not?
- Who are people in your sphere of life who are in need? How are you going to help them?
* Close by standing on the promise that God can use you for good in this world.