Goliath Must Fall – Wk. 4February 20, 2022
Goliath Must Fall – Wk. 4
Main Passages: 1 Samuel 17:2, 16
1. Comfort us of precious and freedom.
- James 4:14 ESV
2. Comfort keeps us in the and causes us to on God-moments.
- Matthew 14:28-29
3. Comfort is and convinces us to settle for what’s instead of striving for what’s .
1. Get .
- “Somehow as a people of God, if we’re not careful, we can sing songs about the uncomfortable moment of Jesus while we live in the very comfortable moment of us.” – Louie Giglio –
2. Remember the we’re alive.
3. Live with and .
Group/Community Discussion Points:
*Open by reading 1 Samuel 17:2, 16.
- How has comfort robbed you of time and freedom? Please share.
- Are you really fighting the good fight of faith or, like the Israelites, are you getting dressed every day and standing on the sidelines? How can you tell?
- What is keeping you in the boat?
- Have you ever heard someone else’s testimony and wished it was yours? Explain.
- Why are we so prone to cling to comfort and safety?
- Can you share of a time that you feel like you settled for something good instead of what is best?
- Pastor Jason shared an illustration of a baby bird that was warm, fed and safe in their nest, but not free. Are you experiencing the freedom that Christ has provided for you? Why or why not?
- What are some ways you can get uncomfortable in your faith this week?
- What is your purpose on earth?
- Why are we so bent on making sure we are comfortable when Christ was not comfortable for us?
- Are you running from a world of danger or into a world of danger? Why or why not?
* Close by asking God to make you uncomfortable this week.