1 Kings 17:1-7
God Of The Valley (Wk. 3)August 30, 2020 / 1 Kings 17:1-7
God of the Valley (Wk. 3)
1. Mountaintop moments reveal the of God, but the valleys of life teach us how He .
1 Kings 17:1-7
1 Kings 16:33
1 Kings 17:2-4
2. God’s provision in the valleys teaches us to Him.
1 Kings 17:5-7
3. God’s provision in the valleys teaches us to in Him.
Matthew 6:31-33 (MSG)
4. God’s provision in the valleys teaches us that we are than we think.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
1. Learn to trust God’s provision.
2. and rest from the rat-race of life.
3. Embrace instead of strength.
4. Get ready to see God move in .
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading 1 Kings 17:1-7.
- How have you seen God provide in the valley?
- In 1 Kings, do you think the season of drought was meant to teach Ahab a lesson or to teach Elijah a lesson? Please explain.
- Why do you think we learn to trust God more in the valleys of life than we do on the mountain tops?
- Why is it so important that we notice God’s daily provision in our lives?
- When we lose sight of God’s daily provision in our lives, we often get caught up in chasing after things. Have you ever had a season like that in your life? Are you in a season like that now?
- How can you embrace surrender?
- Read 1 Kings 18:20-46. Do you think Elijah’s victory upon Mount Carmel would have been possible without his experience in the Jordan valley? Explain.
- Looking back on your life, can you see any victories that first required time in the valley? Please share with the group.
*If you are in the valley currently or have been recently, reflect on today’s discussion and think about the victories God is preparing you for.