God of the Valley (Wk. 1)August 16, 2020 / Deuteronomy 11:8-11
God of the Valley (Wk. 1)
1. The valleys of life are of God’s good .
2. We must be prepared for the that for us in the valleys of life.
1 Samuel 17:2-3
3. We learn from and are shaped by both our and our in the valleys of life.
1. God to use your in the valley.
2. Be on high – dressed for .
3. Put your in the God who can work the victories and defeats of your life for .
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Deut. 11:8-11
1.What do you think about the valleys being a part of God’s good plan? Is it surprising? Explain.
2.Why are we surprised by the valleys we face in life?
3.Why do we think the Christian journey should only be mountain top experiences?
4.When you think of abundant life, do you think of valleys? Why or why not?
5.How can we be prepared for the valleys?
6.How have the valleys of life shaped you?
7.Looking back, can you see how God has used your defeats for good?
8.Do you believe that God can redeem and use your failures?
9.How are you trusting God in your current valleys?
*Ask God to help you see the good in the valleys that you are or will soon be facing. Thank Him for using the valleys of your life for good