Easter: Dead Man Walking – Wk. 4April 4, 2021 / Pastor Jason Huddleston / First Baptist Church, Elgin TX
Dead Man Walking: Resurrection Stories – Wk. 4
Luke 24:5-8, 25-27, 44-47
- Jesus’ death and resurrection were a necessary part of God’s so that we could be .
- Luke 24:7
- Jesus’ death and resurrection were necessary so that we would all of God’s are true.
- Luke 24:7
- Luke 24:26-27
- Luke 24:44-45
- Isaiah 53:7
- Psalm 22:16
- Isaiah 50:6
- Matthew 12:39
- Romans 10:13
- John 14:1-3
- Luke 18:29-30
3. Jesus’ death and resurrection were necessary so that we could receive the and be empowered to share the .
- Luke 24:26
- John 16:7
- Luke 24:46-47
- Jesus’ death and resurrection were necessary.
- Jesus as Lord.
- a resurrected life and about Jesus.
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Luke 24:5-8, 25-27, 44-47
- Why was Jesus’ death necessary for our salvation?
- In your own words, explain the gospel?
- Jesus attaches the necessity of His death and resurrection with the fulfillment of Scripture. How do you see the whole of Scripture pointing to Jesus? How should this change how you read the Bible?
- Do you have trouble believing the promises of God for yourself? Explain.
- What promises do you cling to? Please share.
- When we receive the Holy Spirit, we are empowered to impact eternity by sharing the gospel. How well were you able to explain the gospel in question 2? How can you improve and be intentional about sharing the gospel?
- How can we rely on the Holy Spirit’s power to overcome our fear of sharing the gospel?
* Close by thanking God for the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ.