Dead Man Walking – Wk. 2March 21, 2021 / Pastor Jason Huddleston / First Baptist Church, Elgin TX
Dead Man Walking: Resurrection Stories – Wk. 2
1. God cares about you and your situation.
- Luke 7:13
- Isaiah 42:3
2. God will not be held hostage by our lack of faith.
- Don’t listen to the lies.
- Swing away.
- Rest in God’s goodness and grace.
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Luke 7:11-17.
- Jesus is proof that God is a compassionate God who loves us and hurts when we hurt. Why is it hard sometimes to believe that God is moved by our hurts and sorrows? Explain.
- How have you experienced God’s compassion?
- There seem to be a lot of instances in Scripture where faith is required for healing, but is faith always required for healing? Explain.
- Why do you think God requires faith in some instances, but not in others? Is He good in both instances?
- Thinking about all that we have discussed, why is prayer so important?
- What lies about God’s compassion (i.e., He is too busy for me, He doesn’t care about me, He doesn’t care about what I have been going through, etc.) do you struggle with? What truth from God’s Word can you use to combat those lies?
* Close by thanking God for His compassion and grace!