Ascend: Psalms of Ascent (Psalm 128)June 21, 2020 / Psalms 128:
ASCEND – Psalms of Ascent (Ps. 128)
1. There is a blessing that only comes from God.
2. This blessing is only realized when we to live in accordance to God’s .
3. The is meant to be a part of God’s joyous blessing in our lives.
Family (as stated in our “values” section of our website): God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. It is God’s unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the woman in marriage the framework for intimate companionship, the channel of sexual expression according to biblical standards, and the means for procreation of the human race.
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Psalm 128 aloud.
- What comes from fearing God?
- What does it mean to fear the Lord?
- Is fearing the Lord a belief, behavior or both? Explain.
- Who is the ultimate portrait of what it looks like to follow in God’s ways?
- Are you walking in the ways of the Lord?
- Do you see your family as a joyous family in your life?
- Why do you think family is so important to God?
- What do you give ultimate authority to in your life?
*Close by reading Deuteronomy 6:4-9 and talk about how you can apply it to your life this week.