Advent: Unwrapping the Names of Jesus – MessiahNovember 29, 2020 / Isaiah 61:1-3
Unwrapping the Names of Jesus – Wk. 1
Jesus, the , proves that God fulfills His promises – even when all seems lost.
1. We follow a God who promises that He has a to rescue, redeem, and us.
- Jeremiah 29:11-12
2. God’s plan involves an person called the .
- Genesis 3:15
- Isaiah 61:1-3
3. Despite Israel’s disobedience and , Jesus came and fulfilled the promises of God.
4. The fact that Jesus is the Messiah should give us that God will keep his promises to us too – even if our look bleak.
- Read your .
- Highlight or write down the of God.
- Trust God and wait with !
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading Isaiah 61:1-3
- In your own words, explain God’s plan to restore our broken fellowship with Him.
- How can we rest in God’s plan to rescue, redeem and restore us?
- What other scriptures can you think of that point to Jesus being the person at the center of God’s plan for redemption?
- How does Jesus perfectly fulfill the promises of God?
- Is He what the Jews expected? Does God always fulfill His promises to you in ways that you expect?
- How has God provided hope to you in the past when your circumstances seemed hopeless?
- Do you have anything going on in your life right now that seems bleak? How can your small group pray for you?
- It is impossible to trust the promises of God without knowing them. How is your personal Bible reading going?
*Close by thanking God for our eternal hope, Jesus, the Messiah.