1 Timothy 6:15-16
Advent: Unwrapping the Names of Jesus – Lord of LordsDecember 6, 2020 / 1 Timothy 6:15-16
Unwrapping the Names of Jesus – Wk. 2
Jesus, the , came first in humility – to and save, and will come again in glory – to and reign.
- 1 Timothy 6:15-16
1. Jesus is in and deserves our full .
- Hebrews 1:3
- Matthew 28:18
- Matthew 7:21
2. Jesus is and has always been .
- John 1:1-3
- Hebrews 2:7-8
- John 5:21-23
3. Jesus, who lived in , chose to step down into sinful humanity to provide for us.
- Philippians 2:5-8
4. This gift of salvation must be received , during the age of grace, because when Jesus returns He will rightly the earth.
- Matthew 25:31-32
- every area of your life to His Lordship.
- and tell others!
Family Discussion Points:
*Open by reading 1 Timothy 6:15-16
- How will Jesus’ first coming differ from His second? Please expound.
- Why is obedience so crucial to lordship?
- Have you thought about the fact that Jesus is eternal has always been Lord? Share your thoughts.
- How does it make you feel that Jesus stepped out of glory into sinful human history to save you?
- Have you received Christ’ gift of salvation?
- Is it hard to think that the grace of God toward sinful humanity will one day come to an end? Explain.
- How should this truth fuel our desire to share Christ with others.
- Jesus is Lord. However, is there any area of your life you are not allowing Him to be?
*Close by thanking Jesus for being Lord of Lords.