Everyday Faith: Praying TogetherNovember 22, 2020 / James 5:13-20
Main Thing to Know:
Do I talk about prayer or do I practice prayer?
1. Praying together connects our lives (v.13-14)
2. Praying together expresses our faith (v.14-18)
Ordinary prayers are extraordinarily powerful
Dependence on prayer shows dependence on God
Two Gnawing Questions:
1) What’s the purpose of the anointing oil?
Email: [email protected]
2) What about those who aren’t healed?
3. Praying together fights against our sin (v.19-20)
Sin often affects our health
Sin always affects our church
Wandering from the truth:
– Our beliefs
– Our behavior
Practical Steps for a Better Prayer Life:
(1) Be consistent more than lengthy
(2) Jot down distractions as you pray.
(3) Write / Journal your prayers
(4) Make a commitment to pray with others