Main Thing to Know:
What if God is at His best when I’m at my worst?
1. What happened in the Garden of Gethsemane?
-We see His humanity
If the Mount of Transfiguration pulled aside the veil to reveal his divine glory . . . [in] Gethsemane the veil is pulled aside to reveal his humanity.
-We see His struggle
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him
(2 Corinthians 5:21)
– We see His submission
What the holiness of God demanded . . . the love of God provided.
2. Why does it matter today?
(1) Our prayers aren’t always answered as we want
(2) Our circumstances are controlled by God
— Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?
(3) Our lives are not about us
The love of God wants what’s best
The wisdom of God knows what’s best
The power of God accomplishes what’s best
(4) Our salvation is made possible by Someone else