Does God Care About Black People?
June 14, 2020
Our story today is found in the Book of Acts. It is the historical record of the first time that a Christian disciple ever gave the Gospel to a black man.
This must have been important to God because it is not long after Pentecost. God cares about every race of man.
Luke 1:11 | Luke 1:26 | Matthew 1:20 & 24 | Luke 2:9 | Matthew 2:13-19 | Matthew 28:2 | Acts 5:19 | Acts 12:7 | Acts 12:23 | Acts 8:26
He is reading Isaiah 53:7-8 | Acts 8:32-33
What Do We Learn From This?
Black Lives Are Very to God
- Only twelve mentions of the angel of God appearing and this is one
- God cares about every nationality
- He made us all unique
- We need to celebrate our distinctive difference
God Cares About
- This was one man | Luke 15:10
- God sent an angel to get him
- When someone desires salvation, God will send a messenger
Believers Must Be to Share – v. 31
How can I lest some man should guide me? | 1 Corinthians 2:14
- Know the Scripture
- Learn the plan of salvation
Five Things We Must Know,
One Thing We Must Do
- The Bible is the Word of God. | 2 Timothy 3:16
- Jesus is the God of the Bible | John 1:1 | John 14:6-9
- We are all sinners or disobedient to God. | Romans 3:10 | Romans 3:23
- Because of our sin we are separated from God. | Romans 6:23 | Romans 5:12
- Jesus paid for our sin by dying on the cross, and rising from the dead that we might be reunited with God. | Romans 5:8
The One Thing We Must Do…
Call on Jesus and receive what He has done for us.
Romans 10:13 | Romans 10:9-10
Dear Lord Jesus,
I know that the Bible is Your Word. I know that You are God. I believe that You died in my place to pay for my sin. I know You rose from the dead proving that You are God. Right now in the best way I know how, I’m calling on You to be my Lord and Saviour and God. Thank You, Jesus for dying for me, help me now to live for You. Amen.
3. Be ready to give the Gospel
4. Carry gospel tracts
Saved People Desire to | John 5:39
- What doth hinder me to be baptized?
- Do you believe?
- Paul said, “What will thou have me to do?”
- The Spirit of God produces a submissive heart | Ephesians 5:18 & 21
Is Very Important
- It identifies me with Christ
- It identifies me with the church
- It is always after salvation
- It is always by immersion
- Philip was a deacon
- The authority of the church
6. Christ commanded it | Matthew 28:19-20
Salvation and Brings Joy – v. 39
- The Spirit of God brings life | Ephesians 2:1
- Rivers of living water | John 7:37-38
- The fruit of the Spirit | Galatians 5:22-23
Let’s be the witness God wants us to be, because all lives matter to God.