LAUNCH: Who We Are
September 10, 2021
LAUNCH: who we are
VISION AND CORE VALUES OF EVANGEL
Great Commandment: Matthew 22:36-40
Great Commission: Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8
Love God – Matthew 22:37
Love One Another – Matthew 22:38
Serve the World – Matthew 28:19; Acts 1:8
Two questions to ask about specific beliefs and values:
1 – What could we do that, if done consistently, would provide the greatest potential for our success?
2 – What could we do that would guarantee we never see our vision materialize?
• We will have a balanced approach to ministry. (CV)
• is the catalyst for all great things. (CV)
• The Gospel Message is relevant for today’s culture and its application will lead to . (CV)
Acts 2:21; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
• is a process. (CV)
2 Peter 3:9
• Spiritual is not an option. (CV)
Matthew 6:21; 1 Thessalonians 2:8
• Excellence, timeliness, and honor God and inspire people. (Pentecostal church – still prepared!) (CV)
LOVE ONE ANOTHER
• Because people and matter to God, we value relationships with people. (CV)
10 Rules of Communication:
1 – If you have a problem with the pastor, staff, or leadership, please go to that individual privately.
2 – If they have a problem with you, they will go to you privately.
3 – If someone has a problem with the pastor/leadership and comes to you, send them to the pastor/leadership. They will do the same for you.
4 – If someone consistently will not come to the pastor/leadership, say, “Let’s go together. I am sure he/she will see us about this.”
5 – If you say to the pastor, the staff, or the leadership, “People are talking.” We will ask “Who?” We would ask you to do the same to others.
6 – If it is confidential, do not tell others. We will not tell other people unless (a) the person is going to harm himself/herself, (b) the person is going to physically harm someone else, (c) a child has been physically or sexually abused. We expect the same from you.
7 – We will not read or be swayed by unsigned letters. If you send a signed letter or note, don’t be surprised if one of us asks you to come and talk about it.
8 – We will not manipulate people; we don’t want to be manipulated by others; don’t let others manipulate you.
9 – Always feel free to ask any questions you may have.
10 – Be careful of misinterpretations.
SERVE THE WORLD
• God has each person to be an active part of the ministries of our church. (Everyone has a part to play.) (CV)
1 Corinthians 12:7,11
• to problems will be our focus, not the problems themselves. (CV)
• Our best days are ahead of us! (CV)
2 Samuel 7:18-19