CROSS-CULTURAL CONVERSATIONS – week 4
September 1, 2021
CROSS-CULTURAL CONVERSATIONS – week 4September 1, 2021
WALKING WITH GRACE
John 1:14 NIV, John 1:17 NIV
tolerance (original) – bearing or with someone or something not especially
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
tolerance (today) – all values, all , all lifestyles, all truth claims are
Result: You must with, accept, affirm, and my decisions.
Walking with grace: Share and the truth; show towards those who believe differently than .
Our can’t change, and some of our must.
- Share with the group your thoughts about the lesson. What challenged you? What inspired you?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-6. How does Jesus embody our definition of tolerance?
- In Week 2, we looked at the story of Jesus and the woman caught in adultery (John 8:1-11). How did Jesus love her without accepting, affirming, or celebrating her decision?
- Some see being kind as being accepting or affirming. What do you see God using kindness for in Romans 2:4? How can we use kindness towards people who choose to live in opposition to God?
- Read Galatians 5:13-15. Compare the 5 Chair Stories with these verses. Who uses their freedom to serve one another in love? Who uses their freedom to “bite, devour, and destroy” others?
- Now that we’re at the end of Cross-Cultural Conversations 2021, what are some of your biggest takeaways?