CROSS CULTURAL CONVERSATIONS – week 3
August 25, 2021
UPHOLDING A STANDARD
John 1:14,17 NIV
Jesus walked simultaneously in and .
The Word is our for living.
Five Things God Created as Standard:
• God created all of us Genesis 1:27
• God created us and Genesis 1:27
• God created Genesis 1:28
• God created Genesis 2:24
• God created Genesis 1:28, 2:24
God’s gifts are a when used inside of God’s .
Does the Bible ever address same-sex relationships?
The Bible clearly addresses this topic.
Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:9-10
Two Issues being raised:
Issue #1: Jesus never addresses same-sex relationships
Answer: Jesus affirms and reaffirms for sexuality
from Genesis 1 and 2, Matthew 19:5
Issue #2: The word ‘homosexual’ should be translated ‘pedophilia’
Answer: The wording of Scripture is very
Leviticus 18:22 NIV, Romans 1:26-27, Romans 1:28,30
Culture has radically moved away from God’s .
Temptation (Elder Brother) says, “These are people to be .”
Jesus (Father) says, “These are people to be .”
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
• Every one of is a part of the lists in 1 Cor 6 and 1 Tim 1.
• A world without is confusing and contradicting.
• This is a repackaged form of Gnosticism (a heresy dealt with by the early church)
• Share with the group your thoughts about the lesson. What challenged you? What inspired you?
• How do you relate to the idea of grace and truth and the need to balance them with one another? Which way do you tend to lean?
• Read Matthew 7:24-27. The passage describes what happens when we hear/read God’s Word and choose to listen or not. Why is it considered wise to build on solid rock? Why is it foolish to build on sand? Look deeper than the obvious answers.
• In Genesis, the Bible said all of creation, including mankind, was good (beneficial, useful, or able to achieve purpose). Why is this important for us to understand in regards to our identity and who God created us to be?
• Why do you think we tend to notice the sins of others and overlook our own when we see a list of sins in the Bible?