CROSS CULTURAL CONVERSATIONS – week 2
August 18, 2021
Play Would You Rather… https://bit.ly/ECgameC3
CHOOSE WISELY choose people, not a side
GOAL: When possible, prioritize people over issues.
Mark 12:30-31 NIV
Someone else’s agenda is often tied to choosing a side.
Jesus doesn’t choose a side — He stays on mission.
• He focuses on the accuser’s relationship with God. John 8:9-11
• He focuses on God’s love and the woman’s relationship with God. John 1:17
Jesus was able to have the perfect balance of grace and truth.
Maintaining a Biblical Worldview and a Godly response on Hot-Button Issues:
• Start with the Word of God
• Go to the source
• Read multiple perspectives for understanding
• Go to people who know the Word of God and find out what they say
Look for ways for God to relate to people using the issue at hand :
• Listen first (to them and for God)
• Search for their heart
• Validate common ground
• Give them grace
• Share truth
• Keep the relationship
• Why do you think Jesus calls us “salt and light”? As a group, come up with 3-5 characteristics of salt and light (for example, salt causes thirst).
• In light of these characteristics, what do you think Jesus was saying?
• Respond to the last video we watched.
• We talked about the idea of walking in the balance of grace and truth. Which one do you lean toward?
Homework: How can you improve?