HELP, THESE PEOPLE ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!December 13, 2020
- If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you’re looking for.
- Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is a choice.
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:14-18 NIV
- eulogeo—to speak well of, to wish the best blessings for someone.
… in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1 NIV
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud … Do not be conceited. Romans 12:16 NIV
- Jesus didn’t tell us to be right. He told us to be loving.
… Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Ephesians 4:2 NLT
- Your life is too short and your calling too great to be offended by something small!
A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense. Proverbs 19:11 NIV
- Love doesn’t seek to win the argument. Love seeks to protect the relationship.
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18 NIV
TALK IT OVER
Being offended is inevitable, but living offended is a choice. How would your relationships change if you more quickly let go of the offenses you experience?
Are there any offenses you’re having trouble letting go? Why is letting go of those offenses so difficult?
What steps can you take to let go of offenses you’re currently carrying?