The Way of Jesus is The Way of Faithful Obedience
July 25, 2021
The Way of Jesus is The Way of Faithful Obedience (Luke 7:1-10)
________ to authority
________ in service
_________ in action
_________ the results
1. The Way of Jesus is __________________
a. The elders of the Jews submitted to _____________
b. The Centurion reveals his understanding of authority
-He is _________ authority
-He has those _____________his authority
-Submission to the authority of _________, ___________
2. The Way of Jesus is The Way of _________________________________
a. The humility of the elders
-in their _______________ to the Centurions
-In their _______________to Jesus
b. The Centurion reveals his humility in servixe by his _______________ of authority
3. The Way of Jesus is The Way of __________________________
a. The elders ___________________ the instructions of the Centurion
b. The __________ reveal their Obedienxe when they ___________ to follow Jesus
c. Jesus ________His own Obedience
4. The Way of Jesus is The Way of _________
a. The _________ of the elders to __________ in their witness to Jesus as the Centurions’ _____________ in the authority of Jesus to heal
b. The _________ of the Centurions’ servant being healed
Scriptures for further exploration
1 Corinthians 16:7
2 John 1:6
Questions for group discussion
1. Do you find submission to authority difficult? If so, why?
2. Why is humility in service important?
3. Can we be obedient without action?
4. Are you a witness of your own faithful obedience?
5. How important is the Church, the Body of Christ, in helping us live out The Way of Faithful Obedience?